StanChart appoints new M&A head for Mena
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of Tom Emmet as head of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for the Middle East and North Africa region.
Emmet recently assumed his role, replacing Apoorva Shah who decided to leave the bank to pursue other career opportunities, a statement from the bank said.
He will be based at the bank’s regional headquarters in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and report to Andrew Suckling, global head of M&A; and Daniel Azzi, regional head of global markets & co-head wholesale banking, Mena and Pakistan.
Emmet joins Standard Chartered from the Royal Bank of Scotland where he was head of corporate finance and equity capital markets (ECM) for Middle East and Africa. Prior to that, he was a long term member of ABN Amro’s EMEA investment banking team.
“Emmet’s strong M&A advisory knowledge and on-the-ground experience in the region will be invaluable in building on our existing M&A team’s deal track record,” Suckling said. “The Middle East is one of Standard Chartered’s strategic markets and we continue to work closely with our clients to support their increasing M&A ambitions.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson