QInvest boosts investment banking team
Doha, March 5, 2013
Qatar’s leading investment bank, QInvest, has announced the appointment of Nasser Abdullah Al Mahmoud as the new director of the investment banking team as part of its regional expansion plans.
Prior to joining QInvest, Nasser worked at QNB Capital as director and was chiefly responsible for coverage in Qatar as well as managing debt and project finance deals.
He also has previous experience in mergers & acquisition, oil and gas, with Barclays Capital in London and, additionally, undertook a role with the team covering the Mena bonds market from London.
He also held the position of Islamic Corporate Banking head at QNB Al Islami.
Commenting on his appointment, CEO Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari said, “His experience and knowledge will strengthen our capabilities in the investment banking capacity. We are very excited about the continuing growth of financial services in the region and abroad; and we look forward to continually work alongside our clients and be their advisor and financier of choice.”
On his appointment, Al Mahmoud said, “I am impressed by QInvest’s brand name as a main player in the regional investment banking industry. I see tremendous potential for the firm in the growing regional banking market."
A BSEE degree holder in Electrical Engineering from George Washington University (US), and a Masters in Project Management from University of Houston, Nasser was earlier a lead electrical engineer with Qatar Gas.
Al Mahmoud’s appointment complements QInvest’s strategic direction to keep the flow of deal activity across the main lines of business and hence maintain the firm’s league tables ranking, Al-Kawari added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'