Emirates picks banks for likely Islamic bond
Dubai, March 6, 2013
Emirates Airline, Dubai's flagship carrier, has hired six banks to arrange a potential dollar-denominated, benchmark sukuk sale, lead arrangers said on Wednesday.
Emirates picked Citigroup Inc, Standard Chartered , Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank and ENBD capital for the planned sale.
The airline will hold investor meetings in the UAE and Europe commencing March 7, according to lead arrangers. Benchmark-sized transactions are at least $500 million. It would be the second issue by the airline this year after a $750 million, 12-year amortizing bond in January. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale