Emirates picks banks for likely Islamic bond
Dubai, March 6, 2013
Emirates Airline, Dubai's flagship carrier, has hired six banks to arrange a potential dollar-denominated, benchmark sukuk sale, lead arrangers said on Wednesday.
Emirates picked Citigroup Inc, Standard Chartered , Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank and ENBD capital for the planned sale.
The airline will hold investor meetings in the UAE and Europe commencing March 7, according to lead arrangers. Benchmark-sized transactions are at least $500 million. It would be the second issue by the airline this year after a $750 million, 12-year amortizing bond in January. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down