Saudi soars on petchem stocks
Riyadh, March 16, 2013
Saudi stocks closed higher on Saturday with all-share index rising 0.37 per cent to hit 7051.18 points boosted by gains from the petrochemicals stocks.
Al Rajhi Bank dropped 1.15 per cent. Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) was up 0.53 per cent.
The banking index dropped 0.28 per cent, while the petrochemicals index gains 0.44 percent.
US crude oil futures settled higher on Friday, driven by strong US industrial output data in the world's largest oil consumer and a weaker US dollar. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson