Mashreq hosts expert to boost retail ops
Dubai, April 3, 2013
Mashreq, one of the UAE’s leading financial institutions, recently hosted service guru Ron Kaufman in a staff event as part of the bank’s efforts to achieve service excellence in its retail operations.
Ron Kaufman is a global educator and motivator for uplifting customer service and building service culture in organisations around the world. Mashreq was voted 2012’s Best Retail Bank in the region at the Banker Middle East Industry Awards.
AbdulAziz Al Ghurair, CEO of Mashreq and Farhad Irani, Mashreq’s head of Retail Banking Group, the bank’s senior management and over 1700 staff from across UAE, Qatar and Egypt attended the event.
Al Ghurair speech’s highlighted various topics, such as the current status of the UAE’s banking industry, outlook for the first three months of industry performance and its impacts on the economy. He emphasized that banks must focus on offering exceptional service to customers if they are to hold on to their customers.
Irani shared the positive financial performance of Mashreq’s Retail Banking Group, last year and the way forward in 2013, which will primarily focus on delivering innovation that makes banking even more convenient and smoother for the customers.
The bank will be launching several unique products and services in the UAE, he said.
“Mashreq is dedicated to deliver world class service to our customers – and for that we must continuously educate ourselves,” Irani said.
“The journey to unbelievable service never ends, and we must improve what we do and how we do it, each day. Our suite of products enjoys high levels of popularity and through our service we aim to delight our valued customers. We believe that together, our service and Mashreq’s innovative products are a big differentiator and the only way to win the customers’ hearts and minds.”
Kaufman is author of the New York Times, USA Today and Amazon.com bestseller, “Uplifting Service” and 14 other books on service, business and inspiration. He is also the founder of UP! Your Service, a company that enables organizations to build uplifting service cultures. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan