BMI Bank rolls out co-branded credit card
Manama, May 7, 2013
Bahrain-based BMI Bank has announced the launch of its second co-branded credit card product in partnership with Diners Club.
Customers who pay for purchases with the card stand an opportunity to win cash prizes on the bank’s Ayadi Savings Scheme as well as Diyar Homes Villas.
The Ayadi Plus Diners Club credit card has been unveiled as an extension to the existing Ayadi saving scheme with card holders automatically entered into draws on every BD 50 ($132) worth of transactions made using the card including those that are made online and when they travel out of Bahrain.
Available exclusively to its existing Ayadi Savings Scheme customers, the card features one of the lowest interest rates in the market.
Jamal Al-Hazeem, chief executive officer of BMI Bank said: “Since its re-launch in 2011, the response to our Flagship Ayadi Savings Scheme has been tremendous with customers choosing to repose their faith in the scheme through additional deposits.”
“The product has grown by over 150 per cent since then and through the various unique prizes offered, we are confident that it has been an equally rewarding journey for our loyal customers as well.
“We are therefore pleased to roll out Ayadi Plus, our second co-branded credit card following our La Carte with Geant Hypermarket, in the hope of further enhancing our customers’ banking experience and rewarding them for their loyalty,” he added.
The Ayadi Plus card has been designed for customers seeking a rewarding card offering, with minimalistic processing time and effort required and stems from our commitment to continue to provide our customers with innovative financial solutions, Al-Hazeem noted.
“Customers, who pledge their Ayadi Savings Scheme deposits with the Bank, will receive a limit of up to 90 per cent of their deposits on their Ayadi Plus card and will automatically receive extra chances to win prizes in our Ayadi Savings Scheme,” Al-Hazeem continued.
“We believe that this latest initiative is a step further along the path of strengthening our position as a strong retail Bank in Bahrain and we will continue to work on creating innovative and customer centric products in the coming days.”
BMI Bank unveiled a refreshed Ayadi Savings Scheme offering customers the biggest prize pool ever of $1.8 million in 2013.
Ayadi Savings Scheme now offers its customers four Diyar Homes Villas as grand prizes in addition to 416 winners to be rewarded every month, 30 daily Ramadan prizes and 24 special cash prizes introduced to benefit students, to be given out throughout the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn