Kuwait May inflation climbs to 3pc y/y
Kuwait, July 6, 2013
The annual inflation in Kuwait climbed to 3 per cent in May from 2.8 per cent the previous month mainly due to a jump in food prices, said a report.
The food prices, which account for over 18 per cent of the basket, rose 6.3 per cent on an annual basis in May and 0.2 per cent from the previous month, said the KUNA news agency said citing the central statistics office.
The analysts polled by Reuters in April expected average inflation of 3.5 per cent in 2013, up from 3.3 per cent last year.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity