Arabi Group wins stake in health insurance firm
Kuwait, July 22, 2013
Kuwaiti investment firm Arabi Group Holding Co. said on it has won a bid for a 26 per cent stake in Kuwait Health Assurance Co which was auctioned by the country's sovereign wealth fund.
In a statement to the Kuwait bourse, Arabi Group said it had been selected as the strategic partner and would begin steps to establish the company, which is being set up to privatise expatriate health insurance and associated medical care.
Larger companies Agility, a logistics group, and investment firm Kuwait Projects Co were also bidders.
Kuwait Investment Authority, the country's wealth fund, set the conditions for the sale and launched the bidding process in April. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low