Qatar trade surplus widens to $9bn in July
Doha, September 12, 2013
Qatar foreign trade surplus widened to QR32.9 billion ($9 billion) in July from QR32.1 billion in June, preliminary Statistics Authority data showed on Wednesday.
The exports of petroleum gases and other gaseous hydrocarbons fell 6.7 per cent year-on-year to QR25.7 billion in July.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April expected Qatar's current account surplus of 25.5 per cent of GDP in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson