Baker & McKenzie advises on Almarai sukuk
Manama, October 3, 2013
Baker & McKenzie, a leading law firm, has advised Almarai Company on its inaugural hybrid sukuk issuance for an amount of SR1.7 billion ($453.2 million).
Almarai is a leading brand in the food and beverage sector in the Saudi Arabia and the GCC region.
This was the first hybrid sukuk issuance from the Saudi market and also the first to have been undertaken by a non-bank corporate in the Gulf region.
BNP Paribas Investment Company KSA, HSBC Saudi Arabia, Saudi Fransi Capital and Standard Chartered Capital Saudi Arabia were appointed by Almarai to act as joint lead managers and bookrunners for the hybrid sukuk issuance. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head