Arab bankers' EU expansion plan in focus
Manama, October 21, 2013
The Arab Bankers Association has announced a key initiative to showcase the Arab banking community and its strategic expansion into Europe, Middle East and North Africa (Mena) and beyond.
The association will be hosting an event in London to showcase the Arab banking community, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The event will take place at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London on Thursday to celebrate and foster relations and understanding between financial professionals in the Arab world and their counterparts in the UK.
The event will highlight the success of Arab banks and on this occasion will honour Blom Bank, a particularly successful Arab bank, as well as highly influential Arab banker Dr Naaman Azhari.
The ceremony will include the presentation of the 2013 Arab Bankers Association Award for Distinguished Service in Banking to Dr Azhari, ex-chairman of Blom Bank.
Eminent speakers from the UK will include Middle East Association chairman Andrew Clowes and a keynote address will be given by Oliver Letwin, who will discuss the important role of Middle Eastern banks in the UK's financial services industry.
"With so many high-profile and influential speakers, the evening promises to be of great interest and an ideal platform for the UK and Arab banking sectors to create closer ties," Arab Bankers Association chief executive George Kanaan said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark