Arab bankers' EU expansion plan in focus
Manama, October 21, 2013
The Arab Bankers Association has announced a key initiative to showcase the Arab banking community and its strategic expansion into Europe, Middle East and North Africa (Mena) and beyond.
The association will be hosting an event in London to showcase the Arab banking community, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The event will take place at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in London on Thursday to celebrate and foster relations and understanding between financial professionals in the Arab world and their counterparts in the UK.
The event will highlight the success of Arab banks and on this occasion will honour Blom Bank, a particularly successful Arab bank, as well as highly influential Arab banker Dr Naaman Azhari.
The ceremony will include the presentation of the 2013 Arab Bankers Association Award for Distinguished Service in Banking to Dr Azhari, ex-chairman of Blom Bank.
Eminent speakers from the UK will include Middle East Association chairman Andrew Clowes and a keynote address will be given by Oliver Letwin, who will discuss the important role of Middle Eastern banks in the UK's financial services industry.
"With so many high-profile and influential speakers, the evening promises to be of great interest and an ideal platform for the UK and Arab banking sectors to create closer ties," Arab Bankers Association chief executive George Kanaan said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals