ADS launches multi-asset trading platform
Abu Dhabi, November 24, 2013
ADS Securities, the Middle East's leading forex brokerage and one of the fastest growing FX trading companies globally, has announced the launch of its new multi-asset online trading platform.
Orex Optim is the first proprietary online trading platform to be commissioned and developed from the Middle East. It represents a multi-million dollar investment in technology which will be accessed by investors from around the world.
Philippe Ghanem, managing director and vice-chairman of ADS Securities, said: "For many years the development of trading technology has been led by the main financial markets, but this is changing. Abu Dhabi has established itself as an important financial hub linking the markets to the east with those in the west. To support this trading highway we have invested in proprietary new generation technology which will give traders a market leading platform."
"Bringing a new platform online can only be achieved after many years of hard work, and it is the starting point for a lot of future work. We have developed a high frequency low latency multi-asset trading platform which offers real advantages to our clients. The development of Orex Optim is an indication of the scale of financial infrastructure investment which is now coming from new and emerging markets,” he added.
ADS Securities partnered with blue-chip technology providers and put in place a team of in-house IT specialists, all from tier-1 banks, to develop the platform.
"The new platform started trading in May this year and we have completed six months of testing and a soft launch with key clients. The results have been extremely positive and we are now delighted that we will be able to offer this new resource to all our institutional clients, Ghanem continued.
“We will be bringing on new versions of the platform including Orex Prime for professional traders early in the New Year. Currency markets are extremely dynamic and we are seeing investors looking at many opportunities including moving into new currencies such as the renminbi.”
Andrew Rossiter, ADS Security CTO, who heads up the Orex Optim team, said: "Advances in technology, predominately driven by the order based (equity) markets are now being adopted by the quote (OTC) market which is changing the operational structure and functionality of FX platforms.
“Our new generation platform provides a low latency solution with better fill, tighter spreads and low rejection rates which is what clients are looking for. Today we are launching the FIX API versions of Orex Optim which will be of great interest to institutional traders from tier 2 banks through to asset managers and hedge funds." – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award