RAK FTZ launches business excellence awards
Ras Al-Khaimah, August 20, 2014
Ras Al-Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAK FTZ) has announced the launch of its first annual ‘Business Excellence Awards’ programme.
“The RAK FTZ business excellence awards programme will elevate the profile of our most outstanding clients, and celebrate their achievements,” said Sheikh Ahmad Saqer Mohamed Al Qasimi, chairman of RAK FTZ. “These companies are contributing significantly to the development of Ras Al-Khaimah, and they deserve to be recognised for their accomplishments.”
Peter Fort, RAK FTZ CEO, said the programme will cast a spotlight on the business-friendly investment environment that has encouraged more than 7,500 companies to join RAK FTZ.
“We measure our success by the success of our clients, and they succeed not only because of the quality of their own products, services and initiatives, but also because of the award-winning business support, top-notch facilities and lower set-up costs at RAK FTZ, which allow them to maximise their margins of success,” Fort said.
The awards event, on December 15, will recognise and celebrate the free zone’s most successful clients.
RAK FTZ clients who wish to participate in the awards programme must each submit an essay not exceeding 1,000 words stating reasons to win the category that they have chosen, a statement said.
The deadline for all submissions is October 15.
The awards will be distributed in the following categories:
- Best New Technology: Which will highlight organisations that have identified new products or services related to technology, and have successfully brought them to market
- Best Small to Medium Size Business: Recognising an organisation that provides an exceptional product or service
- Fastest Growing Company: To honour an organisation that has shown outstanding growth within two to three years from its start-up date
- Best Contributor to Ras Al-Khaimah development: To recognise the company or organisation that has made the most significant contribution to the emirate’s economic and social development
- Best New Start-Up: To honour an organisation that has been trading for less than three years and has demonstrated innovative business ideas
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility: To recognise a company that has demonstrated responsible business practices in favour of the environment and the community
The awards programme is supported by one of the most rigorous assessment processes based on the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) excellence model, said the statement.
An independent committee will choose the nominees and winners following a thorough analysis of submissions from the competing organisations, it said. – TradeArabia News Service