$25m Amusement Whitewater deal
Dubai, July 19, 2007
Amusement Whitewater has been commissioned to create the external theming works of 'Atlantis The Palm' resort hotel.
The $25 million (Dh92 million) contract is the largest of its kind ever awarded inthe Middle East.
The resort hotel is expected to become one of the biggest leisure attractions in the region.
Amusement Whitewater will endeavour to recreate the history and myth of Atlantis at the world-class resort using their award-winning expertise in themed construction and rockworks.
The resort will feature an extensive water theme park, which will be the largest in the region, besides one of the world's largest marine habitats with more than 65000 fascinating specimens of marinelife.
Yet another prime attraction at the resort will be 'The Dig', an Atlantis themed 'archaeological'experience that comes alive through its imaginatively themed environment.
The contract encompasses all the major themed elements of the resort.
The centre-piece willbe the huge Ziggurat Tower where all the rides commence, leading to the tube river and all theretail buildings.
The main Hotel, The Dig and the Ambassador Tank will all be themed to create the perfect illusion of the Lost City of Atlantis.
Detailed artefacts and elaborate mural frescoswill be a significant part of the breathtaking work.
Whitewater West of Canada, an associatecompany of Amusement Whitewater, has been entrusted with the task of designing andsupplying all the rides for the waterpark.
The project is scheduled to be completed within a year, and work is fast progressing on sitewith a 350-strong team working round the clock.
AWW chief executive officer Duarte Marques is confident of meeting the deadline.
"This is one of the largest projects ever to be undertaken in the region, and we have set up a dedicatedteam of project management experts and skilled artists, who will together recreate the completeillusion of the lost city of Atlantis.
"Soon, the guests and visitors at the resort will be able to enjoythis unique and marvellous experience."
Ever since its establishment in 1993, Amusement Whitewater has been involved in creatinginspiring projects like the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall and remarkableleisure destinations like the Wild Wadi and Ski Dubai.
The company has recently won at the prestigious Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) International Awards in California for its dramatic internal theming of Ski Dubai.
Situated at the external crescent on Palm Island, Atlantis The Palm will be the flagship propertyof the monumental development.
Atlantis The Palm is a joint venture between Kerzner International and Istithmar.
It will replicate the momentous success of 'Atlantis, Paradise Island' in the Bahamas, considered as an entertainment destination in the league of Disney.
The first phase of the project is scheduled to be completed by December 2008.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals