DREC contracts PwC to develop strategy
Dubai , November 1, 2007
Dubai Real Estate Corporation (DREC) has recently signed a contract with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to assist the corporation in developing its strategic framework.
The ourpose of the deal is to rationalise DREC’s current base and setting out clear priorities to allow the Corporation to build value in its asset portfolio in the short, medium and longer term.
DREC has commissioned PwC to draw up the strategic framework within six to eight weeks. This will include facilitating a strategic workshop to assess the Corporation's current capabilities and identify ways to optimise the allocation of its resources in the short term.
Hisham Al Qassim, chief executive officer of DREC, said: “Dubai Real Estate Corporation wants to set out a clear path that will build value in its existing and future portfolio of real estate assets as well as prioritising commercial opportunities to further develop its asset base.”
“PricewaterhouseCoopers is renowned for the delivery of highly effective advisory services and we are confident that it can facilitate the development of a structured strategic framework for DREC. Our association with PricewaterhouseCoopers will ensure that DREC builds from a position of strength and achieves its long term targets for growth in asset value with a clear emphasis on sustainability,' added Al Qassim.
Sharat Seth, partner of advisory services at PricewaterhouseCoopers commented: “We are very pleased to be associated with the Dubai Real Estate Corporation to assist in defining its long term strategic framework and organization structure. We believe that this will help create a strong foundation to support DREC's growth in the future.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna