Abyaar, Tecom Investments form JV
Dubai:, January 23, 2008
Abyaar Real Estate Development and Tecom Investments have entered into a joint venture agreement.
The move is aimed at developing mixed-use projects in the International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) and Tecom Site-A on Al Soufouh Road, the company said in a statement.
The total value of the projects to be launched makes it one of the most important joint ventures for the two companies.
“Abyaar will study the master plan and redesign certain aspects of the project to include both residential and retail areas in IMPZ, while the project in Tecom Site-A will comprise a 70 storey tower,” said Abyaar Vice-Chairman and Managing Director Marzooq Al Rashdan.
“Tecom has already started work on the infrastructure, while the construction work is expected to start in May 2008 and finish in 5 years time,” Al Rashdan said.
Since entering the market in 2005 Abyaar has witnessed impressive growth due to the increasing demand in the real estate sector.
Al Rashdan said he sees Dubai as the most attractive place in the region to do business, especially in the field of real estate development.
“I believe that the main reason for Dubai’s success is the vision of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, which is becoming a reality everyday,” Al Rashdan said. “This has encouraged us to double our investments in the city and tie up with distinguished companies such as Tecom to launch more mega projects.”
“Abyaar is proud to have entered this partnership with Tecom, one of the leading members of Dubai Holding,”.he said.
“We are pleased to partner with Abyaar on this important project as their track record matches with our own deep commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction,” said Tecom Investments CEO Abdullatif AlMulla.
“Teaming up with one of the leading property developers in the region, will allow us to maintain our already high standards, combined with the added luxury Abyaar specialises in,” AlMulla said. “We chose Abyaar because of their continuous commitment to delivering high-end luxury property and their successful experience in the area.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum