Leighton wins $350m Abu Dhabi project
Sydney, January 29, 2008
Leighton International, through its 45 per cent-owned associate Al Habtoor Engineering, has won a $350 million contract for the construction of a major mixed-use development in Abu Dhabi for United Holdings.
The project, currently known as the Plot 9 hotel, residential and commercial complex, comprises: a 40-storey hotel tower; a 25-storey tower containing serviced apartments; a 19-storey residential tower; and an 18-storey office tower.
The overall built up area of the project exceeds 240,000 square metres.
Construction on the project will begin in early February and will be completed in two stages. Stage 1 will be completed in December 2009, and Stage 2 will be completed in July 2010.
The project follows the award to Al Habtoor in December of the $550 million Jafza Convention Centre in Dubai, and two hotels for Aldar in Abu Dhabi worth $130 million.
In November the company also secured the $290 million JW Marriott Hotel in Abu Dhabi. The JW Marriott project, for Abu Dhabi National Hotels, represented the first contract won by Al Habtoor since its merger with the Arabian Gulf operations of Leighton International in September last year. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi