New Liebherr crane boosts mall work
Dubai, June 10, 2008
Work on the prestigious Dubai Mall has been speeded up with the recent delivery of Liebherr’s LTM 1300-6.1 mobile crane.
One of the world’s largest shopping and entertainment malls with a total internal floor area of 548,127 sqm, Dubai Mall is set to open in August.
A fleet of Liebherr mobile cranes, including the LTM 1300-6.1, which is the largest crane operating at the site, are lifting and positioning the final structural elements for the mall.
With an internal area equivalent to 50 football pitches, the mall will have more than 1,200 stores with two anchor department stores and 120 food and beverage outlets.
Key attractions will include one of the world’s largest aquariums at 12 metres high, featuring a glass ‘walk-through’ tunnel; the world’s largest indoor gold suq with 220 retailers; an Olympic-size ice rink; the Middle East’s first Galeries Lafayette department store; and the Grove, an indoor–outdoor streetscape with a fully retractable roof.
Throughout the construction, a number of Liebherr mobile cranes have been used from the rental fleets of Al Mutawa, Al Faris Equipment Rentals and Sarilar International.
Liebherr’s LTM 1300-6.1 telescopic mobile crane, largest in Al Mutawa’s rental fleet, features a 60m main boom, a 42m fly jib, a 70m lifting job with a maximum lift capacity of 300t and a six-axle configuration. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project