Sweet Homes launches $354m Ajman project
Abu Dhabi, June 17, 2008
Sweet Homes, a leading UAE-based developer and multi-service provider to the real estate sector, has launched a Dh 1.3 billion ($354 million ) development in Ajman.
The developer’s latest project, comprising seven commercial and residential towers will be constructed within ‘Ajman Uptown’, a Dh 2.5bn community development, which will accommodate the first freehold residential villas in Ajman. In addition to the seven buildings, the township is also set to offer a total of 1,504 villas and townhouses, spread over a total area of 4m sqft.
Sweet Homes will construct five mixed-use luxury towers, including ‘Heliconia’, a 42,936 sqm. building, which will have 352 studio, one- and two-bedroom flats and 30 prime retail spaces on the ground floor; ‘Iris’, a 22,741 sqm. development with 188 flats and 15 commercial spaces; and ‘Jatropha’, a 21,751 sqm. mid-rise structure, which will house 184 residential and 14 commercial units.
Set to offer 224 residential flats and 28 business spaces is ‘Kentia’ a 30,430 sqm. project, along with ‘Ludisia’, which will offer 148 apartment and 14 retail units within it’s area of 17,321 sqm.
"Our vision of establishing Ajman as a new real estate destination in the region is fast becoming a reality, and with the launch of these seven towers, which will populate the ‘Ajman Uptown’ community township, we are on track to achieving this ambitious objective,” said Sweet Homes Group CEO Fahad Sattar Dero. “We are definitely looking forward to opening Ajman Uptown’s doors to investors who are seeking to acquire high value property developments. Our efforts are focused on delivering the towers on schedule, which is part of our commitment to deliver cost effective developments to a wide segment of potential investors.”
Ajman Uptown will also incorporate two office towers - ‘Freesia’ and ‘Gardenia’ - which will offer an ideal location for commercial and retail spaces due to the projects’ prime location, accessible directly from the Emirates Road and adjacent to Emirates City. With a total built-up area of 20,733 sqm, ‘Freesia’ will offer 152 offices and 13 showrooms; while ‘Gardenia’ will have a total of 212 offices and 16 showrooms within its 26,619 sqm built-up space. In addition, both commercial towers will also have a health club at the rooftop and basement parking.
The prime residential development will also include a school, a healthcare centre, a fire fighting station and several mosques. As a premier residential project that aims to nurture the homeowners’ health and well-being within its enclaves, the ‘Ajman Uptown’ project will also offer a health and recreation club, a swimming pool and a number of lush and spacious parks. A shopping mall, retail shops, boutique offices, a hotel and a food court will also surround the perimeters of the community, all of which will be connected by a single 1.15km pedestrian pathway.
“Providing the right mix of residential and commercial spaces, in addition to the presence of a complete range of facilities to cater to residents’ leisure, fitness, educational and social needs, all within an ideal location, was our inspiration in building ‘Ajman Uptown’. As we witness continuous progress in our current project, we are certainly looking at further leveraging the growing demand for built spaces in Ajman, in line with our aims to expand our operations and reach more customers through our expertise and novel concepts in real estate development,” concluded Dero. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract