Binladin Group readies $266m for Makkah hotel
Riyadh, September 17, 2008
Construction conglomerate Saudi Binladin Group has raised SR1 billion ($266.7 million) through an Islamic bond to finance a hotel, the lead arranger said on Wednesday.
The sukuk, arranged by HSBC Saudi Arabia, has a five-year maturity with semi-annual profit payments, and it will be used to finance the hotel project in Makkah, the bank said in a statement.
The sukuk will be the first unrated Islamic bond of its size to be distributed entirely within the world's top oil exporter, it added.
Binladin has earlier raised SR3.2 billion through an Islamic facility to help fund construction of a university north of Jeddah, one of the banks arranging the deal said in March.
Borrowers around the world have been hard-hit by a global credit crunch following the US subprime mortgage crisis.
But the Gulf Arab region has been largely seen as less exposed to international financial turmoil as it reaps windfall revenues from a near five-fold in oil prices since 2002.
This has fuelled a real estate boom that saw developers embarking on mega construction and hotel projects.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project