Saraya plans new project in Aqaba
Abu Dhabi, September 30, 2008
Saraya Aqaba Real Estate Development Company has signed an agreement with UK-based master planning consultants RTKL to develop a new mixed-use development project in Aqaba, Jordan.
Saraya Aqaba Real Estate Development Company general manager Shadi Ramzi Majali and RTKL UK Limited director Mahmoud Faruqi signed an agreement in this regard.
Under the agreement, RTKL will provide master planning and design services for a new development project by Saraya Aqaba comprising 122,000sqm of Land in Aqaba, Jordan.
Majali said: 'As we believe in the potential of Aqaba, and building on the success story of 'Saraya Aqaba' destination currently being developed on ground, we have partnered with RTKL and their supporting local consultants Faris & Faris architects, to do the master planning and conceptual design of the new mixed-use development project.'
'We believe that this partnership will merge international expertise in the built environment with local practices towards developing a master plan that belongs to and caters for Aqaba,' he noted.
According to Faruqi, Saraya Aqaba's new development will be a forward looking urban mixed use scheme with a strong and unique sense of place.
'RTKL are delighted to have been selected by Saraya Aqaba Company to be part of this prestigious project, and we look forward to delivering a memorable and exciting destination that brings a highly integrated blend of luxury uses to Jordan coast,' he added.
Saraya Aqaba had purchased the plot in 2006 from Mawared with the total size of 122,000sqm, located in the heart of Aqaba.
It will be developed into a mixed use development combining various components; residential, business hotel, offices, retail and entertainment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings