UP plans major project in MotorCity
Dubai, October 6, 2008
Leading real estate developer Union Properties (UP) will develop 5 million sq ft of high street retail, commercial and hospitality space in MotorCity.
Motorcity is based on a unique automobile and motor sport theme and includes residential, business and leisure opportunities. The project’s construction has commenced and is due for completion in 2010.
“We are delighted to announce the development of the unique high street retail, commercial and hospitality area within MotorCity,” said Simon E Azzam, chief executive officer, UP. “The new development will include a total of 11 buildings that will stretch through MotorCity.”
“MotorCity is ‘a city within a city’ with five project components that includes: Dubai Autodrome, F1-X Dubai, Business Park MotorCity and its two residential components of Uptown MotorCity and Green Community MotorCity,” he added.
With easy access from the MotorCity interchange, the high street retail, commercial and hospitality area will stretch through MotorCity. The buildings along this stretch will vary from four to ten storeys in a total Built Up Area (BUA) of 5,000,000 sq ft, and total leasable area of 2,250,000 sq ft with 4000 basement parking spaces and 800 surface parking spaces.
The retail area will comprise 600,000 sq ft space with a retail mix that will include boutique outlets, anchor stores, department stores, food & beverage, hypermarket, fashion & apparel stores, jewelry, furniture and home accessories, entertainment and specialty stores.
Office space will cover an area of 1,550,000 sq ft for small to medium sized offices starting from 1,000 sq ft up to 10,000 sq ft. The hospitality space will account for boutique hotels and serviced apartments.
UP, a 2008 recipient of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award for Real Estate Development, is showcasing its current developments Index, Limestone and its signature ‘MotorCity’ at Cityscape Dubai 2008.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals