Nakheel backs ‘Build Safe UAE’ initiative
Dubai, January 20, 2009
Nakheel has become the first master developer in Dubai to formally endorse the ‘Build Safe UAE’ programme.
The endorsement of ‘Build Safe UAE’, the construction sector’s own health and safety initiative, forms part of Nakheel’s ongoing health and safety programme, said an official spokesman.
Nakheel places health and safety at the core of its business and champions high standards in the region. The company has an in-house team of health and safety professionals working across the entire organisation’s developments, which monitors and supports project management teams to ensure that these high standards are met across its projects.
The Build Safe UAE organisation was established to improve health, safety and welfare conditions in the construction industry through the free exchange and sharing of information.
It aims to prevent accidents by raising awareness and communicating best practice and lessons learnt throughout the industry. As one of the largest developers in the UAE, Nakheel will be able to make a significant contribution to the programme.
“The Build Safe UAE programme is completely aligned with our corporate values. It is our goal for the entire sector to embrace best practices in health and safety on our projects and to improve all workers’ skills to ensure the highest safety standards,” said managing director, design and development of Nakheel Abdulrahman Kalantar.
“This is an approach that not only protects everyone working on a Nakheel project but also leads to improved productivity, increased efficiency and higher standards of build quality.
“By engaging with Build Safe UAE we will be able to further accelerate the understanding and adoption of good health and safety practices across all of our projects – and across the country,” said Kalantar.
“We are delighted to have Nakheel as the first master developer in Dubai to formally endorse the ‘Build Safe UAE’ initiative. We share a common goal to ensure that the construction industry in this region maintains health and safety standards that are aligned with the international community,” said CEO of Build Safe UAE Grahame McCaig.
Nakheel’s existing health and safety resources will be deployed to assist the Build Safe programme including the internationally accredited Nakheel Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Training Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah