Galfar Q4 profit rises 26pc
Muscat, February 15, 2009
Galfar Engineering and Contracting Co posted a profit of about 8.85 million rials ($22.99 million) in the fourth quarter, up 26.3 percent from the year-earlier period.
The company earned profit after tax of 24.647 million rials in 2008 compared with 22.331 million rials in 2007, it said in a statement on the Oman bourse website.
Galfar did not provide quarterly data, which Reuters calculated based on previous financial statements showing it made profit attributable to shareholders of 15.793 million dirhams in the first nine months of 2008.
The company's fourth-quarter 2007 profit was about 7.01 million rials.
For 2008, Galfar's total expenditures rose to 343.02 million rials for the year from 244.737 million rials a year earlier, it said. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing