DuPont showcases latest construction products
Cairo, June 18, 2009
DuPont, a leading science-based products and services company, is showcasing its latest interior design products and infrastructure applications at a major construction event in Cairo.
Interbuild Egypt 2009, a prominent construction expo in the region, opened today (June 18) at the Cairo International Conference Centre, and will run until June 22.
DuPont is presenting the advantages and value-added benefits of its world-class portfolio of innovative products and solutions for the construction sector, as the company seeks to strengthen its presence in key growth areas in the Mena region such as Egypt, whose real estate market is expected to reach a value of EGP19 billion ($3.4 billion) in 2009.
Among DuPont’s product showcase at the event are Corian - the original solid surface material developed by DuPont that can be fabricated with conventional tools into virtually any design – and Zodiaq.
With its design versatility and durability, the Corian market in Egypt has doubled in 2008 with a growing number of authorised dealers and two dedicated showrooms.
Zodiaq is an advanced composite material that is perfect for flooring and cladding as, compared to marble and granite; it is non-porous and homogeneous and offers a higher variety of colours and higher mechanical strength.
DuPont is also showcasing a wide range of offerings in the infrastructure segment - construction of roads - such as Elvaloy polymer asphalt modifier as well as Typar, which is a geo textile membrane for soil treatment. All these products have been scientifically developed to address growing concerns over sustainability, energy-efficiency, health, and environmental protection.
With the expected increase in demand for innovative infrastructure solutions in Egypt from 2009 – 2010, DuPont paving solutions have likewise become widely in demand as they offer a significantly better performance in terms of sustainability and efficiency when facing the challenging weather and road conditions in Egypt.
A key product in this segment is DuPont Elvaloy, which is added in small quantities to make asphalt easier to spread and compact, and provide outstanding resistance to rutting, cold cracking and fatigue. Asphalt roads made with Elvaloy have been in service since 1991 and are known for their excellent long-term durability.
'The Middle East has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets for DuPont and our participation at Interbuild Egypt will provide a suitable venue to present the successful innovations and new solutions that DuPont has developed to cater to the specific needs of the region's construction sector,” said Khaled El Dessouky, DuPont Egypt country manager and North Africa growth leader.
“Furthermore, DuPont is particularly committed to explore new business opportunities in Egypt, which is expected to achieve considerable growth in the real estate sector as a result of an increasing demand for high-end residential developments,” he added.
As sustainable clean energy is one of the rising concerns worldwide, DuPont has created innovative solutions that optimise the use of energy.
Energain building panels and photovoltaic cells are the most recent offerings from DuPont in this field. DuPont Energain provides a long-term sustainable solution to help reduce energy usage and costs in low inertia public, commercial and residential buildings, which are designed for framed construction in timber, steel or aluminum.
DuPont photovoltaic solutions represent the broadest portfolio in the solar energy industry, with more than 10 products critical to photovoltaic production, and designed to work together to help increase the efficiency and lifetime of solar modules.
DuPont SentryGlas helps make glazed products safer and stronger, allowing manufacturers to create more elegant fresh designs and framing systems. With its ability to store up to 20 times mor
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract