Bombardier wins $241m Saudi monorail contract
Riyadh, June 1, 2010
Bombardier's rail division has signed a $241 million contract to supply, install, operate and maintain its next generation Innovia Monorail System in Riyadh.
The 3.6-km monorail transit system for the King Abdullah Financial District will include six driverless Innovia Monorail 300 trains, for a total of 12 cars. Bombardier Transportation won the contract from Saudi Oger Limited, a leading Saudi Arabian construction company.
Saudi Oger Limited, as the contractor responsible for the full turnkey construction of the new monorail system, was awarded the contract by the Rayadah Investment Company, the investment vehicle of the Public Pension Agency of the Saudi government.
Engineering and design for the monorail vehicles will be centered at Bombardier’s site in Kingston, Canada, and manufacturing of the 12 cars will be carried out by the company in Pittsburgh, USA.
Together with Saudi Oger, Bombardier will also provide its branded Innovia O&M (operation and maintenance) services for the system for an initial period of 10 years.
Completion of the monorail system is scheduled for 2012.
“Our next generation Innovia Monorail 300 system combines service-proven driverless technology with the latest in wide-bodied, lightweight, aerodynamically styled monorail trains. They provide superior value and performance for demanding and sophisticated users,” said André Navarri, president and COO of Bombardier Transportation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager
- Dubai group announces $1bn Viceroy hotel project
- Asteco to lease out new property
- Union Properties Q1 net profit slips 2.2pc