Dohaland to showcase project at German expo
Doha, September 29, 2010
Dohaland will be showcasing its flagship project Musheireb, an innovative approach to downtown regeneration, for the first time at an upcoming real estate exhibition in Munich, Germany.
Expo Real, running from October 4 to 6, is considered the largest trade fair for commercial real estate in Europe, with over 1,500 exhibitors from across the globe expected to showcase their real estate product portfolios.
“Qatar has been named the fastest growing economy in the world by the IMF, and Musheireb adds a new ‘architectural’ dimension to a series of Qatari achievements as the nation continues to take huge strides forward, both economically and socially,” said Dohaland’s CEO Issa M Al Mohannadi.
“As a national developer we are proud to have our own architectural identity and we want to share that with the world,” he added.
Musheireb, Dohaland’s flagship project that will regenerate a 35 hectare site in the heart of Doha, is set to transform the capital into the vibrant, cohesive and culturally alive city centre it once was. It will do so while simultaneously addressing issues of congestion, sustainability, and maintaining the aesthetic and social individuality of Qatar.
“Dohaland believes that sustainable, culturally sensitive and environmentally responsible developments, particularly in metropolitan areas, can provide the answers that an increasingly urbanized, energy-hungry world needs,” Al Mohannadi added.
“The DNA of our Qatari architectural language can be applied to developments anywhere in the world. The key is to learn from the past, when people lived in harmony with the environment because they felt their dependence on it firsthand.”
“Embracing modern technology should never come at the cost of totally discarding the cumulative knowledge of millennia - particularly in construction and real estate,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan