Aldar Properties chief resigns
Abu Dhabi, November 1, 2010
Abu Dhabi's largest developer Aldar Properties, said its chief executive John Bullough, has left the company. Bullough was appointed chief executive of Aldar in October 2008.
'He has submitted an early retirement and the board will meet on November 8 and we will announce the new chief executive,' the spokesman told Reuters on Monday.
The developer is expected to suffer its fourth consecutive loss in the third-quarter, according analysts in a Reuters poll in October, as the market awaits a financing plan for the indebted firm.
Aldar's fragile debt position spurred ratings agencies Moody's and Standard and Poor's to each downgrade its ratings earlier in the year and keep it on watch for further downgrades.
Aldar's shares closed 0.8 per cent lower on Monday, in line with Abu Dhabi's bourse which eased 0.5 per cent.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project