Bahrain gas project wins top honours
Dubai, March 27, 2011
The gas desulphurisation refinery in Bahrain topped the list for the ‘Oil and Gas’ category at the recent Meed Quality Awards for Projects in the GCC.
Meed, the Middle East’s leading business intelligence provider, held a gala awards ceremony to recognise top projects across eight different categories at the first independently-judged excellence recognition competition for projects completed in the GCC.
Qatar’s Mesaieed-A IPP won the ‘Power’ category at the awards. Al Ghubrah-5 in Oman and the GPIC carbon dioxide recovery plant in Bahrain emerged winners in the ‘Water Reuse’ and ‘Sustainable Project’ categories respectively.
Kuwait National Library was selected for the ‘Social Project of the Year’ award that was sponsored by AMEinfo.
Projects from the UAE took away the maximum awards with five distinctions.
Burj Khalifa was the undisputed winner in the ‘Building Project of the Year’ category sponsored by Technal Middle East, while the ‘Transport Project of the Year’ sponsored by Cadillac was picked up Dubai Metro Red Line. ‘Ferrari Experience’ won the leisure and tourism category for the UAE.
Additionally, the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Mosque in Abu Dhabi received a special award titled the ‘Meed Editors Outstanding Achievement for Culture Award’, while ‘Meed Editors Outstanding Achievement Award for Heritage’ went to the ‘Revitalisation of the Old Souq of Dubai’ project.
“The 32 projects that were nominated for the GCC Awards have gone through a rigorous selection process at the national level. Each project was undoubtedly the result of a significant amount of planning and collective effort on behalf of the teams that have created them. The entries demonstrated an immense amount of maturity and each of them answers a specific need within the country where it exists,” stated Edmund O’Sullivan, chairman, Meed Quality Awards for Projects.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna