OCI net profit soars 77pc in Q1
Cairo, May 11, 2011
Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) said on Wednesday its first-quarter net profit soared 77 percent year-on-year to $206.1 million.
The firm, Egypt's biggest listed builder and fertiliser maker, made net profit of $116.6 million in the same period a year earlier.
The earnings beat the average forecast from seven analysts polled by Reuters of $182 million. Their estimates ranged from $159 million to $200 million. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring