Dubai's Index wins tall building award
Dubai, June 19, 2011
Index, the 80-storey building developed by Union Properties in Dubai, has clinched the '2011 Best Tall Building' award for the Middle East and Africa region from the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH).
The award will be presented at the CTBUH's 10th annual awards dinner which will held on October 27 at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, US.
Index now finds itself in the running for the 2011 Best Tall Building Worldwide Award, as the regional win places it among the four nominees for the overall prize.
The '2010 prize for Best Tall Building Worldwide' was awarded to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
'This is a major recognition from industry peers from around the world, and a shining testament to the outstanding design and quality of this most unique project,' said an elated Union Properties chairman Khalid bin Kalban.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure