Saudi Binladin to invest $500m in Turkey: report
Istanbul, July 20, 2011
Private contractor Saudi Binladin Group (SBG) is planning to invest $500 million in a housing project in Turkey, the Turkish Star newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Analysts have suggested that increasing flows of capital from the Middle East are helping Turkey to finance its massive current account deficit, while euro zone turmoil saps flows from European countries.
SBG said it had no immediate comment on the Star report.
Star said the housing project would be in the town of Armutlu in northwest Turkey and the group was in the process of establish a company in Turkey to handle the investment. It was also considering investment opportunities in agriculture and health, the newspaper said. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing