Tabreed net profit surges 54pc
Abu Dhabi, November 4, 2011
District cooling firm Tabreed has reported a 54 per cent jump in quarterly profit, boosted by its core chilled water business, and said capital expenditures will nearly double by the end of next year.
Dubai-listed Tabreed, which received funding earlier this year from state-owned fund Mubadala to restructure debt, said third quarter net profit was Dh54 million ($14.7 million) for the quarter ended September 30.
That compared with profit of 35.1 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
The firm, formally known as National Central Cooling Company, also credited new plants which came on line during the quarter, for the gain.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing