Tabreed net profit surges 54pc
Abu Dhabi, November 4, 2011
District cooling firm Tabreed has reported a 54 per cent jump in quarterly profit, boosted by its core chilled water business, and said capital expenditures will nearly double by the end of next year.
Dubai-listed Tabreed, which received funding earlier this year from state-owned fund Mubadala to restructure debt, said third quarter net profit was Dh54 million ($14.7 million) for the quarter ended September 30.
That compared with profit of 35.1 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
The firm, formally known as National Central Cooling Company, also credited new plants which came on line during the quarter, for the gain.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager