Minister inspects Bahrain sanitation project
Manama , December 14, 2011
Bahrain Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf led by senior ministry officials inspected the ongoing sanitation and roads projects in Ma’ameer area of the kingdom.
The project is to link Ma’ameer industrial area and all unconnected housing units to the sewage network running 24 km long, said a statement from the Ministry of Works.
The network varies between 150 and 600 mm in diameter and serves around 500 industrial establishments, it added.
Khalaf also inspected Ma’ameer’s Sewage Treatment Plant Project, considered to be a unique one given all the state-of-the-art techniques adopted for the first time in such a project in the Kingdom, said the statement.
The environmentally safe and healthy plant is to produce high purity waters suitable for irrigation and industrial purposes, it added.
The minister was accompanied by Sanitary Engineering Planning & Projects director Asma Murad, acting roads assistant undersecretary Raed Al Salah, the supervision team from the consultants Watson Khonji, representatives from project’s contractor Zohal Construction Company Civil & Mechanical Contractors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower