Jafza awards key FM contract to Imdaad
Dubai, March 20, 2012
Imdaad, a leading provider of integrated facilities management solutions in the UAE, said it has signed a 10-year contract to provide integrated FM solutions to Jebel Ali free zone authority (Jafza).
The flagship operation of Economic Zones World and one of the largest and the fastest growing free zones in the world, Jafza covers an area of 57 sq km and is home to more than 6,700 companies, including 120 of the Fortune Global 500 enterprises.
Jafza accounts for up to 40 per cent of all foreign direct investments (FDI) in the UAE and more than 50 per cent of Dubai’s total exports.
Imdaad said the scope of work covered by the agreement includes HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing systems, civil engineering services, fire protection and detection systems, infrastructures maintenance, staff accommodation inspection services, managing accident damages, technical support, waste management, pest control, infrastructure cleaning, sewage treatment and maintaining a 24/7 call centre to provide prompt service round the clock.
Salma Ali Saif Bin Hareb, CEO of Economic Zones World, said, 'Having established a solid track record in the UAE’s FM industry, Imdaad is certainly an ideal choice to provide customized facilities management solutions to Jafza, especially at a time when we are seeing rapid growth.'
Imdaad will play a very important role in maintaining the high level of standards in safety, security and environmental compliance in the free zone, she added.
Commenting on the win, Jamal Abdulla Lootah, the CEO of Imdaad, said: “Being one of the largest and fastest growing free zones in the world, Jafza requires highly specialized FM expertise, technologies and know-how that will ultimately benefit the thousands of companies that are operating in the free zone.'
'Our long-term partnership with Jafza certainly demonstrates the high level of confidence that our customers have in our services,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract