Bahrain invites 53 tenders at $154m in Q1
Manama, April 15, 2012
Bahrain’s Works Ministry awarded 33 tenders worth BD29 million ($77 million) in the first quarter of 2012, while it invited bids for 20 tenders at a cost of BD29.69 million, said a senior government official.
As part of the Government’s program for years 2011 and 2012 budget, the Tender Board awarded 9 tenders at a cost of BD7.58 million in January this year, while it invited bids for another 10 tenders at a cost of BD17.01 million; covering infrastructure and construction projects, explained Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf.
In February, the Tender Board awarded 17 tenders at a cost of BD12.51 million, while it invited bids for seven infrastructure and construction projects tenders at a cost of BD9.48 million.
In March, the Tender Board awarded seven tenders at a cost of BD8.97 million, while it invited bids for three infrastructure and construction projects tenders at a cost of BD3.20 million.
Included within tenders for the construction sector projects awarded in the first quarter of this year, the tender for Halat Bu Maher Health Centre Project was awarded at a cost of BD4.59 million. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager