$599m Ajman Uptown project on track
Dubai, June 13, 2012
Sweet Homes Holdings (SHH), a leading UAE-based developer, said the construction work at its Dh2.2 billion ($599 million) ‘Ajman Uptown’ project was going as per schedule with 200 of the first stage villa units completed.
The company aims to complete 600 villas in the first phase this September, said a SHH official during a recent project inspection by officials of Ajman Real Estate Regulatory Agency (ARRA) headed by its executive director Yafea Eid Al Faraj.
Al Faraj was received by SHH officials led by Abdul Sattar Derom, the chairman; Fahad Sattar Dero, managing director and CEO; Sarwat Husain, group general manager; Mohammed Shubair, general manager technical; Shahid Javed, financial controller; Ruksana Sultana, project manager and Yasser Arafat, construction manager.
Located right in the heart of Ajman, the 1,504-villa project is being built on a 4 million sq ft land and will offer two, three and four-bedroom townhouses and exclusively designed five-bedroom VIP villas.
The project takes on an overall concept and design based on classic French architecture and prominently showcases an ‘L’ Art De Vivre’ theme. It is located at the tip of the intersection close to leading industrial areas such as Al Hamriya Free Zone, the Ajman Industrial Area and the Sharjah Investment Park.
“I am very pleased at the progress of the Ajman Uptown project, which will play a major pivotal role in the move to position Ajman as an ideal residential haven in the UAE,” remarked Al Faraj after the inspection.
“We look forward to the coming completion of this project and also expect it to live up to its promise of being a model residential and business community for Ajman. ARRA will continue to give its full support to investors and developers including Sweet Homes for the successful completion of this mega project,” he added.
The master community development is SHH's only private villa project in the emirate.
The master development will house a school, a healthcare centre, a fire fighting station, two mosques, a health and recreation club, a swimming pool, markets, shopping mall, hotel and hotel apartments, and convenient and spacious parks apart from the luxury apartments, boutique offices, G + 4 commercial and residential buildings and a one kilometre shopping walkway.
“The progress of the project demonstrates our steadfast commitment in creating an ideal community that can help position the emirate as a key destination point for the UAE and the rest of the region,' said Fahad Sattar Dero.
'The rapid pace of construction of the first 200 units gives us the confidence that we will be able to meet out handover deadline by the end of 2012,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna