Barwa Commercial Avenue is a mix of modern offices and apartments.
Barwa unveils 8 big projects at Cityscape
Dubai, October 2, 2012
Qatar’s leading real estate and investment company Barwa is showcasing eight of its key local and international projects at the Cityscape Global 2012 in Dubai.
The Qatar-based projects being highlighted during the event include Barwa Commercial Avenue – a unique QR7 billion ($1.92 billion) multi-use project which extends over more than 8.5km and offers a mix of modern commercial complexes, showrooms, offices and high-quality apartments; Barwa Al Sadd – a project featuring three office towers, a five-star hotel, a retail centre, three apartment buildings and extensive parking facilities.
Barwa Al-Baraha on the other hand is designed to serve as an integrated workers’ city that will accommodate 53,000 workers and employees, making it the GCC’s largest workers’ accommodation.
With an investment volume of QR2 billion, the project is expected to include a hotel, entertainment centre, mall, laundry, health centre, mosque, Islamic centre, police station, civil defence centre, fire-control centre, sports facilities, shops, restaurants, offices and ample public spaces.
The other key Qatari projects include, Barwa City, a project which benefits from a first class modern infrastructure and services, such as, one of the first centralised gas networks in Qatar, a district cooling system, international schools, nurseries, retail outlets, mosques, restaurants and a variety of recreational facilities; Barwa Village is yet another impressive project, which was completed in 2010 and consists of 18 low-rise commercial and residential complexes that offer 918 shops and over 400 apartments.
One of Barwa’s latest projects is Lusail Golf Residential – a unique development which is designed to offer a mix of residential units, sports amenities which include a golf course, golf club and tennis facilities, a retail village, a boutique hotel, and community facilities such as schools, mosques, and health clinics.
Commenting on the projects, chairman Hitmi Ali Khalifa Al Hitmi said, "Barwa takes pride in its innovative outlook towards real estate and property development. Cityscape Global 2012 provides an effective platform to showcase our Qatar-based and overseas projects, while exchanging expertise with fellow industry leaders."
As a strategic sponsor of the event, Barwa’s exhibition display is showcasing a variety of presentations and models from some of the group’s leading local and international projects.
Furthermore, Barwa is also showcasing two impressive international projects including Barwa New Cairo – the group’s largest real estate project which is expected to accommodate 39,000 residential units, schools, hospitals, mosques, parks, shopping complexes and health facilities.
Additionally, Barwa Real Estate Group’s Ottoman Projects is an upcoming luxury residential and hotel development in Istanbul, Turkey. The project is expected to include a 5 star hotel, hotel apartments and condominiums which will provide guests with a contemporary setting along Istanbul’s famous Marmara shores.
Barwa Real Estate Group currently operates across 13 countries, including the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, France and Russia.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan