A model of the Falcon City of Wonders.
Taj replica planned in Dubai
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Dubai-based Link Global Group will build a magnificent replica of India's famed Taj Mahal at the Falcon City of Wonders (FCW), a multipurpose mega-project coming up in Dubai.
The $1 billion ‘Taj Arabia’ project will comprise a 300-room five-star hotel, which will be a replica of the Taj Mahal, and seven Mughal architecture-themed buildings consisting of retail and residential elements, an Emirates 24/7 report said quoting an official.
The infrastructure for the project is ready and the company is in discussion with construction firms, company director Arun Mehra was quoted as saying. The plan is to complete the project by 2014.
Mehra said the project will have wedding boutiques, a gold jewellery souk and a banquet hall to accommodate 3,000 people, while the promenade will have eateries, bars and lifestyle outlets.
Taj Arabia will be three times bigger than the original Taj, the report quoted Mehra as saying.
With over 2.3 million square feet of built-up area, the project will have acres of greenery including Mughal gardens and a ‘falling garden’ with a water cascade.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects