A model of the Falcon City of Wonders.
Taj replica planned in Dubai
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Dubai-based Link Global Group will build a magnificent replica of India's famed Taj Mahal at the Falcon City of Wonders (FCW), a multipurpose mega-project coming up in Dubai.
The $1 billion ‘Taj Arabia’ project will comprise a 300-room five-star hotel, which will be a replica of the Taj Mahal, and seven Mughal architecture-themed buildings consisting of retail and residential elements, an Emirates 24/7 report said quoting an official.
The infrastructure for the project is ready and the company is in discussion with construction firms, company director Arun Mehra was quoted as saying. The plan is to complete the project by 2014.
Mehra said the project will have wedding boutiques, a gold jewellery souk and a banquet hall to accommodate 3,000 people, while the promenade will have eateries, bars and lifestyle outlets.
Taj Arabia will be three times bigger than the original Taj, the report quoted Mehra as saying.
With over 2.3 million square feet of built-up area, the project will have acres of greenery including Mughal gardens and a ‘falling garden’ with a water cascade.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show