Bahrain to speed up key projects
Manama, October 7, 2012
All documents and approvals relating to projects listed in the GCC Support Programme are to be speeded up and their implementation is to be carried out immediately within a set time frame, said a senior government official.
Required budgets for such projects are available covering all sectors to meet citizens' housing, educational and health needs in particular, said Deputy Premier Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa at the ministerial services committee.
The first phase of housing projects includes construction of 8,160 units, of which 2,100 are in the Northern City, 4,500 in East Hidd and 1,560 in the Southern Governorate.
New projects in the education sector include Hunainiya Secondary School for Boys, Busaiteen Intermediate School, Isa Town Primary School for Boys, Hamad Town Intermediate School for Boys, Malkiya Primary and Intermediate School for Girls and a girls' school in Jaw.
The first phase also includes development of several main roads, including Alba-Nuwaidrat Interchange, Northern City Road, second bridge junction on Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Highway, the first phase of Muharraq circular road and the fourth phase of Tubli Wastewater Treatment Plant expansion.
Health projects include construction of hospitals for patients requiring longer stay, in Muharraq, particularly for polio patients and the handicapped in addition to a dialysis centre in the Southern Governorate.
The first phase also consists of vital projects in the electricity and water sector, including networks upgrade and construction of three new stations to meet increasing demand.
The meeting directed ministries to include in the GCC Support Programme second phase projects to develop villages and old areas across the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings