Bahrain marina project work underway
Manama, December 3, 2012
The infrastructure and construction works are underway for the first phase of Durrat Marina - one of the leading marine-based real estate projects in Bahrain, said a report, citing the company officials.
The first phase, which was recently launched for sales, has already captured a great deal of interest. It includes an exclusive set of sea-facing villas, residential apartment blocks, luxury serviced apartments, a dedicated yacht club in close proximity to the marina, and a promenade with cafes and retail outlets.
Durrat Marina has awarded the contract for construction of the infrastructure and villas in Phase 1 to Tamcon Contracting, a civil engineering and construction firm.
The design stage has been complemented for road networks, electrical network, storm water, as well as water and drainage networks.
A full construction programme for the villas has already been approved, with land filling and excavation works well underway. It is expected that construction of the villas will be completed before mid-2014, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We are pleased to report tangible developments on site at Durrat Marina," said Durrat Marina chief executive Waleed Saffy.
"Though the real estate market has been challenging in recent years, we have found that there is demand for the right kind of products at the right price.
"Durrat Marina, located just north of Durrat Al Bahrain, has garnered interest from more and more people seeking either a weekend retreat or a marina-based residence."
He said as the market sees gradual improvement "we expect confidence to grow, especially in a project such as ours. Onsite development of Phase 1 will work to aid this confidence."-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals