Drake and Scull wins $100m new contracts
Dubai, March 19, 2013
Contractor Drake & Scull International has been awarded contracts worth 369 million dirhams ($100.46 million) for the construction of three projects in Saudi Arabia and the UAE, it said on Tuesday.
Drake, which specialises in mechanical, engineering and plumbing (MEP) operations, has been gradually expanding its operations outside of Dubai following a slowdown in the emirate's once-booming real estate sector.
The contracts include 287 million dirhams worth of work awarded by Al Rajhi Bank to construct the bank's cash centre, operations centre and a data centre facility in Riyadh, according to a statement on the Dubai Financial Market.
The company has also secured a contract worth 82 million dirhams for the construction of a government utility project in Abu Dhabi. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects