Top building & interiors expo opens in Jeddah
Jeddah, April 15, 2013
The 22nd edition of Saudi Building and Interiors Exhibition 2013 (SBIE), Saudi Arabia’s largest event for building and interiors, opened on Sunday in Jeddah with 250 exhibitors showcasing their key products.
Mayor of Jeddah Dr Hani Abu Ras, officially inaugurated the annual event with the presence of Al Shareef Moufaq Al Harithy, CEO of Al Harithy Company for Exhibition (ACE).
“The exhibition continues its success year after year because the Kingdom is focusing on developing infrastructure and construction projects for both public and private sectors,” said Dr Abu Ras.
Al Harithy said: “Saudi Arabia is emerging as the fastest growing construction market in the world. The vast country has become the land of opportunity for its ever-booming building and construction sector and related machinery. SBIE will serve the SR285 billion ($77.5 billion) worth of projects announced in the Kingdom’s annual budget.”
The four-day event at the Jeddah Center for Forums & Events showcases materials & hardware, climate control, construction equipment & tools, electricity & lighting, environmental conservation, marble, granite & stone, technology safety, security & fire prevention, water technology as well as waste management.
Organizers expect visitor numbers to increase by over 25,000 compared to last year’s figures.
Alongside SBIE, the Construction Machinery Showcase organised jointly between Dubai-based publishing house CPI and ACE, will be the largest heavy construction machinery event in the region occupying over 20,000 sq m of outdoor space.
Held in parallel will be a high profile symposium addressing topical issues and latest developments and challenges in the field organised by the Saudi Quality Council. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan