Alfanar wins $400m projects in F1
Riyadh, July 3, 2013
Saudi-based EPC company, Alfanar Construction said it has been awarded several strategic projects amounting to SR1.5 billion ($400 million) in the first half of this year.
The projects include the construction of substations as well as underground cabling works in different parts of the kingdom, said a statement.
A substation project worth SR716 million was signed with the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), said the statement. The T&D power project aims to integrate the large power generation capacity (3100MW) of Yanbu III into the grid to provide reliable power.
The project will be executed on a fast track basis since the substations are scheduled to be completed and put into service within 22 months. The substations will supply power to the SWCC pumping stations.
The Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) awarded Alfanar two major projects for the construction of 380 KV underground cables in Jeddah and Makkah, with a total value of SR793 million, it said.
The projects aim to establish two circuit links (21km), between the Jeddah Central substation and the Jeddah North / Al-Faisaliyah substations and will be completed in 22 months.
Alfanar won the Best Energy Project Award at the Middle East Electricity exhibition, held in Dubai recently for its Hail 2 power plant extension III project, which was completed six weeks ahead of schedule. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes