Mitsubishi wins Turkey steam turbine order
Tokyo, July 6, 2013
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), jointly with Mitsubishi Corp, has received an order from Gurmat Electricity Generation Company, an affiliate of independent Turkish power producer Guris Holding Company, for installation of a steam turbine unit at its second 47 MW power generation plant.
The new unit at the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, which is located on the Aegean Sea coast 60 km south of Izmir, Turkey's third-largest city, is slated to go on-stream in 2015.
Steam turbines are a core component of geothermal power plants, said a statement from Mitsubishi.
The accompanying generator will be provided by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. MHI believes that the high operational availability and reliability of its previously delivered equipment were highly evaluated and contributed to the awarding of the new order.
The latest order represents the second steam turbine to be supplied by MHI to the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, following a turbine delivered in 2008 for power generation unit No.1, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman