New COO for Arabtec Construction in GCC
Abu Dhabi, August 5, 2013
Arabtec Construction has appointed Nabil Al Kendi as the chief operating officer of Arabtec’s group of construction companies, for the GCC region, with effect from today (August 5).
Arabtec Construction is a subsidiary of Arabtec Holding, a leading Mena construction company specialising in complex projects.
Reporting directly to Arabtec Construction Group chief operating officer Mark Andrews, Al Kendi will be responsible for leading Arabtec’s existing subsidiary companies with focus on the company’s operational growth and new ventures.
Drawing on his broad experience in delivering major real estate and infrastructure master plans, he will play a major role in the successful achievement of Arabtec’s mission and strategic initiatives by providing leadership, oversight, evaluation and direction for the operational performance of all construction activities, a statement said.
Arabtec Holding managing director and CEO Hasan Abdullah Ismaik said: “As our construction activities expand both locally and regionally, it is imperative to have the right leadership that complements our ambitious vision. I am extremely happy to welcome one of the brightest UAE national talents in the construction industry to the Arabtec team, as Nabil holds an impressive track record of proven leadership on several local as well as regional prominent projects and we are confident that his addition to our senior management team will further support our progressive growth.”
Al Kindi was the former chief development officer for Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC), where he was responsible for delivering high profile project portfolios. His track record includes over 60 projects.
Prior to that, Al Kendi served as director at Zabeel Properties, in charge of development, delivery, facility management as well as sales and marketing. He also served as assistant director on several key projects at Emaar properties, including Burj Khalifa’s master plan as well as regional projects in the Mena region. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan