Asec Cement consortium wins Muthanna deal
Cairo, September 5, 2013
A consortium of Asec Cement and Iraq’s Qemmet El-Iraq has won a contract to rehabilitate and manage the Muthanna Cement Plant for 14 years.
Muthanna Cement, located between Najaf and Basra in southern Iraq, is one of seven plants controlled by Southern Cement Company.
The work is set to begin in the second quarter of next year, with a view to reaching a full 2 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) production capacity by August 2016.
Asec Cement chairman and CEO Giorgio Bodo said: “Iraq has embarked on a robust plan to rebuild and modernise its infrastructure and has launched major housing, industrial, and community projects. The rehabilitation of Muthanna is an important part of Iraq’s investment in bridging the supply gap, particularly in the south.”
Asec Cement is a regional cement platform created by Cairo-based private equity firm Citadel Capital and Qemmet El-Iraq is headquartered in Erbil and its activities include construction, contracting and manufacturing packaged food products.
The value of the contract was not disclosed. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna