Damac awards $285m construction contract
Dubai, September 7, 2013
Dubai-based Damac Properties has awarded a Dh1.05 billion ($285 million) contract, its largest single ever, to TAV Tepe Akfen Investment (construction & operations) for development of its new luxury hotel and serviced residences project in the Burj Area of Dubai.
The ‘Damac Towers by Paramount’ project being developed in collaboration with Paramount Hotel & Resorts, offers an ambience and reflection of the Hollywood glamour and California cool lifestyle, synonymous with Paramount Pictures over the past 101 years.
According to Damac, the construction work will be completed by TAV in the next 33 months.
The enabling work has already been completed on site and now the main contractor has to start the construction work, the Dubai developer said in a statement.
The four towers which make up ‘Damac Towers by Paramount’ are brought together with a multi-level plaza, offering an eclectic selection of themed food & beverage concepts, meeting & events facilities, a screening room, wellness & fitness centres, swimming pools, kids club, retail, and merchandise all featuring the Paramount brand or select partner brands.
One tower comprises the Paramount Hotel with the remaining three towers, housing the Damac Maison – Paramount co-branded serviced Hotel Residences. Each tower stretches over 250 metres into the air, the statement added.
Commenting on the win, Yusuf Akcayoglu, the Middle East director, TAV Construction, said:"We are absolutely delighted to be selected by Damac to build this project in Dubai. With the level of quality of our work as well as our expertise in building towers, TAV Construction is the right fit for realizing such a demanding project."
"This project will redefine luxury and with its distinguished architecture will mark the stunning skyline of Dubai," he stated.
‘Damac Towers by Paramount’, will provide enviable views of the world tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa and provide easy access to one of the world’s largest shopping malls, The Dubai Mall.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna