Bahrain Career expo in Oct
Manama, January 3, 2008
Career Expo 2008 will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in October 2008.
The event will be held from October 21 to 23, 2008, according to chairman of the steering committee of Career Expo Abdul Ellah Al Qassimi.
Career Expo is a non-profit annual event that is being organised for the eighth time under the patronage of Minister of Labour Dr Majeed Al Alawi and auspices of the National Society for Support of Education & Training (NSSET).
Present at the signing ceremony besides Al Qassimi, were in charge of the Expo's venue organisation committee and transportation committee Farooq Jaffar and acting chief executive, Bahrain Exhibition & Convention Authority, Mohammed Fathalla Mohammed.
The three-day event targets Bahraini secondary school students, vocational students, jobseekers, parents and the community at large, in an effort to enhance Bahraini student and jobseeker understanding of the professional world, and to guide them in choosing, or changing, their careers; thereby enriching job prospects and the quality of the Bahraini workforce.
More than 120 organisations and 20,000 visitors are expected at the event, including corporates, universities, colleges, and other educational institutions representing a variety of sectors.
The steering committee for Career Expo 2008 has also signed an agreement with local public relations and event management consultancy Eventscom-Bahrain, for the organisation, logistical support, and marketing of Career Expo 2008. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam