Bahrain Career expo in Oct
Manama, January 3, 2008
Career Expo 2008 will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in October 2008.
The event will be held from October 21 to 23, 2008, according to chairman of the steering committee of Career Expo Abdul Ellah Al Qassimi.
Career Expo is a non-profit annual event that is being organised for the eighth time under the patronage of Minister of Labour Dr Majeed Al Alawi and auspices of the National Society for Support of Education & Training (NSSET).
Present at the signing ceremony besides Al Qassimi, were in charge of the Expo's venue organisation committee and transportation committee Farooq Jaffar and acting chief executive, Bahrain Exhibition & Convention Authority, Mohammed Fathalla Mohammed.
The three-day event targets Bahraini secondary school students, vocational students, jobseekers, parents and the community at large, in an effort to enhance Bahraini student and jobseeker understanding of the professional world, and to guide them in choosing, or changing, their careers; thereby enriching job prospects and the quality of the Bahraini workforce.
More than 120 organisations and 20,000 visitors are expected at the event, including corporates, universities, colleges, and other educational institutions representing a variety of sectors.
The steering committee for Career Expo 2008 has also signed an agreement with local public relations and event management consultancy Eventscom-Bahrain, for the organisation, logistical support, and marketing of Career Expo 2008. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history