DAE, Massachusetts Institute in strategic tieup
Dubai, April 29, 2008
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise University (DAE University), has announced a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Global Airline Industry Program to introduce global best practices in its aviation curriculum.
DAE University, the education and training arm of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), aims to promote region-specific research on the aviation and aerospace industry, said a DAE official.
'Through the pioneering regional collaboration, which is expected to be a multi-year program, MIT will help in designing an innovative curriculum for DAE University's aviation degree programs by incorporating competitive simulation games and case studies that are used in MIT courses,' Dr Omar Bin Sulaiman, managing director of DAE, explained.
MIT will also deliver seminars and short courses specifically focused on the aviation and aerospace industry.
Dr Sulaiman said the partnership has created an opportunity to develop a strong regional data warehouse for the aviation industry.
'This is of particular relevance given the dearth of region-specific industry data. Dubai’s advantage as the region’s aerospace hub will drive the research programs in analysing and presenting the trends, success drivers and potential pitfalls that face the industry.'
'The close evaluation will also give us a referral source on the risks, challenges and opportunities facing the aviation and aerospace industry here,' he added.
The MIT Global Airline Industry Program, established in 2000, brings together a multidisciplinary team of faculty, staff and graduate students drawn from world-leading universities and research centres including several MIT schools like the Sloan School of Management.
The program aims to develop an evolving body of knowledge that understands the development, growth and competitive advantages of the global aviation industry.
Bob Johnson, DAE chief executive officer pointed out that environmental sustainability was a growing concern for the aviation sector globally.
'Our collaborative research initiative specifically addressing the environmental aspects will mark a new era in sustainable aviation development strategies,” he added.
Dr George Ebbs, president of DAE University said the MIT Global Airline Industry Program, through its focus on the economic aspects, management and operations of air carriers internationally, had created a valuable knowledge pool of industry best practices.
'The collaboration with DAE University will further scale up the institution's educational programs and offer students an all-round perspective of the industry,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university